Announcements > PA School Performance Profile
In Souderton, we have always believed that a child’s and school’s performance must be rated using multiple measures. By looking at a variety of performance measures throughout the year, the district is able to continually refine and improve its academic programs.
In early November, the Pennsylvania Department of Education is expected to release the Pennsylvania School Performance Profile scores, which provide an academic performance score for each public school in the state. The public will be able to access these scores on the Department’s Web site at: www.paschoolperformance.org. The profile was created to meet No Child Left Behind reporting requirements and to:
- inform the public of school performance
- provide a building level score for educators as part of their evaluation system
- give schools a tool to analyze strengths and needs
The School Performance Profile calculates a score based on several data points. These include:
- performance on PSSA and Keystone Exams
- progress towards closing achievement gaps
- student academic growth over time
- graduation, promotion, and attendance rates
- the availability of Advanced Placement courses
On November 12th, 2014 the Administration will present the Annual Academic Performance Report, which we believe provides a comprehensive “whole child” overview of the true performance of our students including the School Performance Profile scores and our local achievement data. The meeting will take place in the Souderton Area High School Auditorium, 625 Lower Road, Souderton. The meeting will begin at 6:30 PM.
Frank T. Gallagher
Superintendent of Schools