Public Relations > Flyer Distribution
Policy Purpose: Any requests from nonschool organizations, groups or individuals seeking to have students participate in or be informed of the opportunity to participate in nonschool-sponsored activities shall be governed by Policy 913 – Nonschool Organizations/Groups/ Individuals (PDF).
The Board recognizes the social and educational values that may be derived from student participation in various activities sponsored by nonschool organizations, groups or individuals, but specifies that unreasonable demands on the time and energies of students and staff by such entities during school hours, or at school-sponsored activities be prevented.
- Requests for student participation in nonschool organizations, groups or individually sponsored activities must be made in writing by way of submitting the request form (Flyer Distribution Request Form) to the Superintendent or designee in accordance with administrative procedures, written announcements and this policy.
- Activities sponsored by nonschool organizations, groups or individuals may not occur, and nonschool written materials may not be used, during instructional time or school-sponsored activities unless they are of educational value to the school program, they benefit district students or the school community, and they are factually accurate. Prohibited activities or materials may never be used (activities and materials which are: libelous, defamatory, obscene, lewd, vulgar, or profane.)
- Organizations that are located outside the school district boundaries are prohibited from distributing materials.
- Activities sponsored by for-profit groups/organizations are prohibited from distributing materials and advertisements to students.
- A review of any activities or nonschool written materials under this policy shall not discriminate on the basis of content or viewpoint, except that prohibited activities or materials will be rejected, as will any activities or materials that do not comply with Board policy, administrative procedures, or written announcements relating to the proposed nonschool-sponsored activity or materials.
- Participating students may not leave the school district unless the Board policy for field trips has been followed or the Board has granted special permission.
Fundraising by nonschool organizations, groups or individuals is prohibited on school property or in the name of the school.
Submit request form (Flyer Distribution Request Form) to the Superintendent at least two (2) weeks in advance of event, along with a copy of the flyer. A decision will be made within three (3) business days and you will be contacted via e-mail with the decision.
If approved, information must be prepared in packets for distribution to classrooms and delivered to the appropriate school(s). Enrollment figures will be given to the organization when the approval is confirmed.
All secondary schools (middle school – grades 6, 7, 8 and high school – grades 9, 10, 11, 12) no longer distribute paper flyers. Notification to middle school and high school students is done through their TV “Morning Show” or via the visual message loop shown in the cafeteria over lunch periods.
Building principals and secretaries are contacted by the Superintendent’s office to alert them of specific approvals.
Flyers should be bundled, as indicated on the enrollment chart and delivered to the individual schools. Organizations should deliver flyers to the schools a few days prior to the distribution date. Check the enrollment chart for school distribution days.
Requests for distribution to Middle School and High School students - If you have requested that your information be distributed to middle school and high school students: all Souderton Area secondary schools no longer distribute paper flyers to the students. All requests must be sent electronically in .jpg format to Donna Brown – firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the request is approved, the information will be sent to the middle schools and/or high school for inclusion on the “Morning Show” or via the visual message board in the cafeteria over lunch periods.
Use the link below to download the form for permission to distribute flyers in SASD:
Flyer Distribution Request Form (PDF)
Completed request forms (along with a copy of the flyer) can be returned as follows:
Mail: Souderton Area School District
ATTN: Frederick C. Johnson, Ed.D., Superintendent
760 Lower Road
Souderton, Pa 18964
The Superintendent reserves the right to approve or deny distribution of information to Souderton Area School District students from nonprofit organizations.
For more information, please contact Donna Brown, Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent, via e-mail at email@example.com or telephone at 215-723-6061, Ext. 10200.
This form can be filled in electronically, however, in order to print and/or save any information which you type onto the form, you MUST have Adobe Reader 5.0 or higher. If you DO NOT have Adobe Reader 5.0 or higher on your computer, download the latest version by visiting the following link: Adobe Reader