Public Relations > Volunteerism - "Hands Across the District"
Volunteerism in the Souderton Area School District is not a new concept, but we are now calling upon the entire community to become part of a formal school volunteer program, Hands Across the District, which will bring persons of all ages into our schools. From the parent of a pre-schooler, who assists a teacher with work done at her home to a senior citizen one on one, the Indian Valley community has a wealth of talent to offer our students. The program has been expanded to all ten schools in the district.
Parent volunteers continue to be the mainstay of the volunteer program, and we continue to encourage parents to become involved in our schools. But in addition to parents, the community has people with expertise, time, and a genuine caring about children and education.
The ultimate purpose of this program is to enhance instruction and the school climate. Please contact Frank Gallagher, Assistant Superintendent/Director of Pupil Services, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 215-723-6061 Ext. 10206 for additional information.
Building Coordinators for 2012-2013:
- E.M.C. Elementary School - Wendy Kummery and Krista Santone
- Franconia Elementary School - Blythe Bealer, Marylee Sterner
- Lower Salford Elementary School - Sandra Currier, Pattie Holliday
- Oak Ridge Elementary School - Vicki Booz, Meg Horner
- Salford Hills Elementary School - Carrie Stankus
- Vernfield Elementary School - Yvonne Horas, Marianna Clark
- West Broad Street Elementary School - Teresa Ruth
- Indian Valley Middle School - Karen Gargano
- Indian Crest Middle School - Lacy Peacock, Jean Shelly
- Souderton Area High School - Sharon MacDougall, Rachel Sowers, Judi Whitmire