School Safety & Security > Safe School Committee
- Superintendent & Designee
- Business Manager
- Supervisor of Buildings/Grounds
- Supervisor of Operations
- Supervisor of Food Service
- Building Principal
- Health/Phy. Ed. Teacher
- Elementary Teacher
- Food Service Worker
- Athletic Director
- Police Officer
- Insurance Rep.
Essential Functions of the School Safety Committee
- Help plan and develop in-service opportunities for specific buildings on safe school issues/crisis procedures.
- Identify areas for school safety improvements in each building.
- Communicate and implement district-wide safety initiatives to individual buildings.
- Model safe school practices.
- Assist administration in responding to a crisis situation.
- Eliminate the philosophy that “it can’t happen here.” The committee needs to focus on safety and orderly behavior in all schools, at all levels.