Mission and Vision
The Mission of the Souderton Area School District is to prepare students to demonstrate competencies needed to contribute and to succeed in a changing world by building on a commitment to excellence and innovation, by working in partnership with family and community, and by assuring a quality education for all students in a safe and nurturing environment.
The Souderton Area School District continues to focus on the tenets of Whole Child, Whole School, Whole Community. Therefore:Shared values and belief statements:
- We will ensure that all students access learning in a healthy and safe school environment that fosters success.
- We will ensure that learning opportunities are engaging, supportive, and challenging for students to grow and achieve academically and socially
- We believe our community has a fundamental commitment to educating the whole child.
- We believe our community has a responsibility to support the education and well-being of all of its members.
- We believe our students, educators, staff, families, and the broader community are part of a collaborative system that promotes the success of our schools.
- We believe a focus on growth supports the development of life-long learners.
- We believe all can learn - each at different rates and in different ways.
- We believe all deserve the opportunity to contribute and develop their individual potential in a safe, nurturing, and equitable environment that promotes respect for one another.
For more about SASD's mission and vision, see the Comprehensive Plan.