Any requests from nonschool organizations, groups or individuals seeking to have students participate in or be informed of the opportunity to participate in nonschool-sponsored activities shall be governed by Policy 913 - Nonschool Organizations/ Groups/ Individuals.
The Board recognizes the social and educational values that may be derived from student participation in various activities sponsored by nonschool organizations, groups or individuals, but specifies that unreasonable demands on the time and energies of students and staff by such entities during school hours, or at school-sponsored activities be prevented.
- Requests for student participation in nonschool organizations, groups or individually sponsored activities must be made by way of the online CBB Distribution Request Form to the Superintendent or designee in accordance with administrative procedures, written announcements and this policy.
- Activities sponsored by nonschool organizations, groups or individuals may not occur, and nonschool written materials may not be used, during instructional time or school-sponsored activities unless they are of educational value to the school program, they benefit district students or the school community, and they are factually accurate. Prohibited activities or materials may never be used (activities and materials which are: libelous, defamatory, obscene, lewd, vulgar, or profane.)
- Organizations that are housed outside the school district boundaries will be prohibited from distributing materials.
- Activities sponsored by for-profit groups/organizations are prohibited from distributing materials and advertisements to students.
- A review of any activities or nonschool written materials under this policy shall not discriminate on the basis of content or viewpoint, except that prohibited activities or materials will be rejected, as will any activities or materials that do not comply with Board policy, administrative procedures, or written announcements relating to the proposed nonschool-sponsored activity or materials.
Fundraising by nonschool organizations, groups or individuals is prohibited on school property or in the name of the school.
Procedures for Electronic Flyer Distribution:
- Submit request online using the CBB Distribution Request Form to the Superintendent at least 1 week in advance of event. The event flyer must be submitted in PDF format.
- If approved, you will receive a confirmation e-mail verifying that your request has been approved.
- Building principals will be contacted by the Superintendent’s office to alert them of the approval.
- If your request is denied, you will receive an e-mail with the reason why your request did not align to District Policy guidelines.
- If for some reason the request needs to be modified, the organization will be notified via e-mail from the Superintendent’s office.
- After the request has been approved, the Superintendent’s office will tag the request with a date as to when the information will be sent out to parents by way of the District’s e-mail system and when the flyer should be posted and removed from the Web site Community Bulletin Board.
- If you have questions about the procedures for Electronic Flyer Distribution, please contact:
Souderton Area School District
ATTN: Renai Cardillo, Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent
760 Lower Road Souderton, Pa 18964
Phone: 215-723-6061, Ext. 10200
The Superintendent or his designee reserves the right to approve or deny distribution of information to Souderton Area School District students from nonprofit organizations.