Bus/Transportation Safety Rules
Keeping students safe while being transported to and from school is a priority for the district. Accordingly, Transportation Services Inc. (TSI), provides the following safety rules for all forms of SASD transportation - buses, vans, etc.
For questions regarding bus/transportation safety rules, please contact Transportation Services Inc. (TSI) at 215-723-4613.
- Students should be at their assigned bus stop 5 minutes before the bus/van is scheduled to arrive.
- Students should stay off the road while waiting for the bus/van.
- Students should not approach the bus/van until it is fully stopped and door opens.
- Students can only board or disembark at their designated stop.
- A video monitoring device will be installed, operated and maintained by TSI and may be used at anytime.
- Seating may be assigned by the driver.
- Students must obey the driver's direction promptly and respectfully.
- Students should remain seated facing forward at all times while on the bus/van.
- Any damage to the bus/van or the seat must be paid for by the offender.
- The use of profane or immoral language will not be tolerated.
- Voices should remain at a conversational level; screaming is not permitted.
- Do not throw anything out of the bus/van windows. Arms, heads, and all body parts must remain inside the bus/van at all times.
- Smoking, vaping, and the use of any tobacco products is not allowed on the bus/van.
- You must use earphones to listen to any electronic devices on the bus/van. The use of speakers audible to others are not allowed on the bus/van.
- Eating or drinking is not allowed on the bus/van.
- No pushing, fighting, or horseplay will be allowed on the bus/van.
- Trash cans are provided; students should use them.
- Failure to comply with the rules will result in a written report to the school administration.
- Riding other than your regularly assigned bus/van is prohibited unless requested in writing by the parent and is then approved by the school administration.
- Students must remain fully dressed while on the bus/van.
- Avoid distracting the bus/van driver, their focus is on driving safely.
- Leave nothing on the bus/van when you leave.