Please see below for the procedures to be followed on a Flexible Instructional Day.
- An FID may be utilized on any inclement weather day, and students and families will be given as much advance notice as possible.
- When an FID will be utilized, the Superintendent will communicate via telephone, e-mail, and text message to all District families that an FID is in place.
- Students must log in to Schoology and complete the attendance task by 10 am.
- Families experiencing problems with Internet connectivity must call the school office by 10 am to report student attendance. If offices are closed due to the severity of the weather, office staff will check voicemail and respond to families the same day.
- Any student whose attendance is not reported via Schoology or phone call by 10 am will be marked absent for the day.
- Teachers will post asynchronous (recorded) assignments to Schoology pages for students to access on the FID.
- Students must complete and submit within three days all assignments provided by their teacher(s).
- All teachers and professional staff members will be available via e-mail during the FID. This includes special area teachers such as music, art, library, physical education, technology, special education, reading specialists, school counselors, nurses, and therapists, unless the individual is not working that day.
- Families experiencing problems with Internet or e-mail connectivity must call the school office by 10 am to receive instructions regarding the child's assignments for the day and responses to any questions.
- Assignments for students with special needs will be developed utilizing their program modifications, specially designed instruction and supplementary aids and services identified in their individualized education plans. Any related services (Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech, etc.) which are unable to be provided asynchronously on the FID, will be rescheduled according to the frequency requirements of the students' individualized education plan.
- Souderton Area Virtual Academy (SAVA)
Schoolwork for SAVA students on a FID is the same as on a regular school day.
- Athletics and Extracurricular Activities
All athletic activities and after school extracurricular activities are canceled on an FID.
All Community Education programs and classes are canceled on an FID.
- Technology Support
Students or families experiencing technology problems may contact the Student Help Desk for technology support.
Meals will not be provided on an FID.