School Closings Guide/FAQs
See below with answers to frequently asked questions regarding school closings.
- Who makes the decision that schools should be closed, open late, or dismiss early in bad weather?
- How is it determined whether to close schools or to utilize a Flexible Instructional Day (FID)?
- How does the Superintendent make their decision?
- When must the decision be made to close schools or open late?
- What impact does a two (2) hour delay have on school?
- What impact does a three (3) hour delay have on school?
- What circumstances would cause an early dismissal from school?
- Why is there a delay from the time the decision is made to send the students home until the actual time students are dismissed?
- How will I know whether schools are closed or opening late?
- When schools are closed, what happens to scheduled activities?
- How are snow days made up?