Skip To Main Content

Working Papers

The Pennsylvania Child Labor Law, Act 151 of 2012 resulted in changes to Work Permit Application. All students between the ages of 14 and 17 are required by Pennsylvania School Law to secure an Employment certificate, known as "Working Papers," before they may begin to work. Students, who have reached 18, by state law, do not need working papers. Under the current Pennsylvania Child Labor Act, only one type of work permit is issued. This is a wallet-size, transferable work permit, which is valid from the time of issuance until the minor turns 18 years of age. The minor provides a copy to the employer and retains the original.

Proof of age is required:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Passport
  • Driver’s license
  • Learner’s permit
  • Parent/guardians are required to sign the working paper application and are welcome to observe the application process but are not required to appear in person before the issuing officer.  
Students must sign the working permit in front of the issuing officer.

Work permits are issued in the Registration Office and Reception at District Office.

Office Hours:

  • Monday through Thursday 8:15a.m. - 3:30p.m. (No Friday office hours.)

Use the following link to download and complete the School District Work Permit Application (PDF).
*Note: Please bring a COMPLETED application to the Registration Office.

Any questions, please call registration office 215-723-6061 ext. 10227.