The Souderton Area School District is committed to providing an excellent experience for student teachers. A credential packet must be submitted by the college/university on behalf of the student teacher. Please see the list of items to be included in the packet below.
In addition, prior to the commencement of the student teaching experience, the student's college/university must provide a written explanation of program expectations to the Souderton Area School District's cooperating professional and provide a clear understanding of the frequency of visits from the college/university supervisor during the semester.
Credentials Packet items
- Letter from the college/university formally requesting the student teacher placement, which provides the details of the requested assignment (e.g. dates, grade/subject, number of hours, activities that must be performed).
- Completed student teacher application (PDF).
- One page essay (PDF) stating what the applicant hopes to gain from the student teaching assignment.
- One page resume of student's background and number of contact hours working with children/teachers.
- Updated transcript; please note that a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 for all coursework completed will be required.
- Praxis scores, if available.
- Letter of recommendation by the student's advisor/pre-student teacher advisor.
- Updated PA and Federal clearances Act 34 Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check, Act 114 FBI Criminal History Record, Act 151 Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, and Tuberculosis test results.